Saturday, August 20, 2011

I ♫: MY MIXTAPE TODAY

Here are some of my top tracks. Altogether slowly, dark, sad, awesome!!!

radiohead: "talk show host"
Sexiest song ever. There is nothing else that comes close to it for me-that's all. Remember "Romeo&Juliet" ('96)??

the white stripes: "jolene"
This was one of the first songs I learned on the guitar. Jack White totally takes it to another galaxy!


LCD soundsystem: "dance yrself clean"
The great song from the third LCD album "This Is Happening" is what dancing should be if you truly dance -- leave it all out there. I did, and I had a whiplash for a few days.

nina simone: "four women"
It's about these four different women through time and the georgeous Nina puts amazing emotion and personality behind each one of them.

bright eyes: "firewall"
Conor Oberst is one of my favorite songwriters. I need a good melody, but for me it's all about lyrics.

edith piaf: "sous le ciel de paris" (under the sky of paris)
This is my Sunday staple: I put this on, make French toast, and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...