Thursday, September 22, 2011

I ❀: MOROCCANOIL

I have terrible frizzy hair, that's why I actually iron my hair almost everyday. Thus, I was looking for a product that would eliminate the frizz and at the same time protect it from damage and drying. In different beautymagazines and blogs I read a lot about the "wonderful treatments with Moroccanoil". So I became curious: What's the deal with Moroccanoil?

Moroccan oil is another name for Argan oil which is made from the kernels of argan tree fruit that grow almost exclusively in Morocco. In the internet you can read a lot about the value and effect of this product. But here is what you really need to know in a nut shell: the oil is a rich emollient that can moisturize hair and skin. When you use it for the skin it can potentially cause zits so be careful if you’re prone to breakouts. When you have a look at its ingredients you will see, that most of the product is made up of various silicones. That’s not a bad thing at all, silicone-based antifrizz products are very effective. Remember John Frieda’s Frizz- Ease? But just be aware that you’re not buying pure Argan oil. However, when you use it for your hair it promises:
* reviving your hair
* strengthening and conditioning
* reducing the drying time.

Well, THAT sounds perfect from the start! But lives Moroccanoil up to its promises?



A few days ago I ordered THE ORIGINAL MOROCCANOIL® OIL TREATMENT (25g) via amazon.com. A very small bottle for EUR 13,95. 

The first time I tried this product and spread it on my wet hair, I actually felt that my hair just immediately absorbed it and my hair dried fast naturally. Not only does it reduce the drying time by half, I hope it also protects my hair from the damaging effects of blow dryers and hair irons. So, I think it is a great product for dry hair to increase shine and decrease the frizzes.

And besides the shine and the smoothness, my absolutely favorite thing about Moroccan Oil is how it makes my hair SMELL.  It has a musky scent with a touch of sweetness and does not conflict with any perfume I may wear. 


So my conlusion: it appears to be a well formulated hair tamer, makes your hair shiny and smooth and it has a WONDERFUL scent! I really love it! (However, if you’re looking for pure Argan oil, you should consider other products). Now I am very curious how it works in the long run!!

12 comments:

  1. heard great stuff about it always! want to try it :)

    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeh.. I see but never believed in it but now il go check it out again..bdw check out my fashion blog and lets follow each other

    chuchu-chulala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment :) I also have extremely frizzy hair .. :))

    http://addictedtosun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I swear by Morrocon Oil!! :) A girl at work got me on to it and I've been hooked ever since (or my hair has anyway) ... Don't be afraid to try a little on your skin as well, it loves it as much as your hair will :)

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use this oil (from a different brand) and it does wonders to my hair and yup; LOVE the scent! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty post ! ^^
    Follow me :D I'm following you :)

    http://thefashionbook1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girl !

    Thank you for your comment !

    so cool you use Moroccan oil ! I'm moroccan :)
    xx
    Meelena
    www.TheSerialShopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moroccan oil is one of my favorite products.
    Thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comment!!
    Kisses and hugs
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great product ! I'll try it ! Check out : http://nothinlasts.blogspot.com/ I have a new post !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post ♥.

    http://theworldbykejmy.blogspot.com/.
    Kejmy ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love moroccan oil, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...