Sunday, September 04, 2011

I ♥: KISS ME, KATE!

As all of you know, Kate Moss recently got married a couple of months back in July to Jamie Hince where she wore a custom-made John Galliano wedding dress. Surely you already have seen the photos but that was not all. The Kate Moss for Vogue US September 2011 issue features never before seen wedding photos of her A-list guests as well as more wedding photos shot by none other than Mario Testino. How’s that for a wedding photographer?

Amazing! Georgeous Kate in Alexander McQueen: The September issue of US Vogue.
Beautiful, elegant and timeless. The bridesmaids and page boys outfits were adorable and Kate herself looked stunning (of course) in her wedding dress by John Galliano. The designer said he was inspired by Jazz Age photographs of F. Scott’s wife Zelda Fitzgerald. Moss said she wanted a “classic Galliano, those chiffon thirties kind.” I love the English country garden look she went for – the whole thing was reminiscent of a flower fairy, fairytale delight without being tacky at all. I'm usually not that into weddings, however, those photos are so stylish and lovely, they just capture you!

Being the style icon that Kate is – it’s no surprise that she was inspired by Royal Photographer Lord Lichfield’s back seat photo of Mick and Bianca Jagger on their wedding day (see the comparison below).

Moment in time ... Patrick Lichfield snapped Mick and Bianca Jagger's wedding, St Tropez, May 1971. 
This is way cooler than the traditional kiss shot of newlyweds sat in the back seat of wedding cars. But if I’m honest, I prefer Kate and Jamie’s photo. It looks far more editorial/fashionable and Kate’s pose is great.
A lifetime in time - Jamie Hince and Kate Moss!
Oh, we wish them a lifetime of happiness and love. Just give us the memo when there’s a baby supermodel on the way, Kate! ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. loved everythinggggg about her and her wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oerr.. I´m loving kate´s wedding aswell.. such an inspiration! p.s. I entered a blogger contest and I really need you to 'like' my picture.. it only takes a second. I'd really appreciated. here is an explanation: http://cyliaaaa.blogspot.com/2011/09/tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never get over these photos; she is just too stunning! I had no idea their car shot was based on Mick & Bianca Jagger's photo though...both shots are so creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome photos!


    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing pictures! thanks for sharing. she looks fantastic! please check out my new post, it's an artwork :)
    I'm following you now!
    lovely greets- maren anita

    www.fashion-meets-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple dress by Alexander McQueen is absolutely fabulous!
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm one of those ppl that doesn't actually find Kate Moss pretty in real life... BUT she does look striking in pics and her wedding pics were no exception! Nice post :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. She knows how to pose :) She looks amazing :)


    xx
    Heel in Mint
    www.heelinmint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not seen these photos before, they're amazing. She looks stunning in the purple.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got this vogue and immediately flipped to this editorial. I'm not the biggest fan of kate, but these photos are gorgeous. I just love the flower-child feel. so beautiful. I wish I could just live in these photos.
    and you're right, the photo of the two of them is awesome. love how you posted the inspiration, too.

    xtaylor
    attentionsquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. her wedding photos are AMAZING. wish I looked that cool on my wedding day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her face says it all in that last shot...ahhh the look of love :D Or she's simply a PRO!~ hahaha

    Thanks for leaving me such sweet comments, hope to visit again soon!
    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kate look incredible! She finally looks so happy and in love, and the world smiles at that!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey there! great post! i have to say, i love both photos. the first one has got this extra vintage-chic and the second one really is more editorial, like you said. anyway, a great couple :)
    thanks for your comment on my blog. following you now. i'd be happy foryou to follow me back :)
    xx romi

    http://rohafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post =)


    Momo,
    www.letmedream.es

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning! i love that lady too! great post and thanks for commenting on my blog!

    xo flor

    ReplyDelete
  17. her wedding photos are just amazing. and i adore the interview she gave about her wedding. it just was so cute and she seems so real.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG that dress is AMAZING !!! <3

    Olga
    http://ladyandolga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm seeing Kate's wedding all over the web and I never get tired of it! It's truly one of the prettiest weddings I've ever seen.
    Xx naomi

    ReplyDelete
  20. I personally think this was the best Vogue issue I've gotten:)I LOVED Kate's dress!

    btw, thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. she looks so gorgeous on the cover!!! that dress is just so beautiful! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...